Veteran Services

Veteran Services

At the Chopyak-Scheider Funeral Home, our staff is trained to handle the details of making burial and cremation arrangements for veterans.

Did you know that military honors are available to all veterans regardless of rank or location of burial? And were you aware that the military does not accept payment for these services under any circumstance?

To establish veteran eligibility, you can have us obtain your DD 214 Form which is the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. For veteran's benefits you must have any status other than dishonorable discharge. For information about receiving this document go to: Military Service Records.


If you are an honorably discharged Veteran, we can arrange for a flag for your family or next-of-kin to have with the supporting paperwork. More information on Veteran's flags .

Presidential Memorial Certificate

We can also assist you in obtaining a Presidential Memorial Certificate for you and your family or next-of-kin. You will need to submit both a death certificate and a copy of your honorable discharge to:

U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
National Cemetery Administration (403A)

810 Vermont Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20420

More about the Certificate

Honor Guards

We can assist you in arranging for an honor guard for a Veteran's funeral provided we have the Veteran’s discharge papers and death certificate. The application process requires notification at least forty-eight hours (two business days) prior to the requested day of the service.

Grave Marker

We can assist you in obtaining a Veteran’s grave marker for the cemetery you have chosen for burial. Just let us know you are interested, and we will prepare the documentation for you or you may contact:

Memorial Programs Services (403)
Department of Veterans Affairs

810 Vermont Ave., N.W.
Washington, DC 20420

If you have any questions about Veteran’s Services, please contact us at 607-797-4612.